I hope 2015 is off to a fantabulous start for you.
Well, the elephant in the room is?that is a weird title for a blog about Vibrant Health, eh? Here?s the deal. I am just so BUMMED when I work with folks that really want to get to a healthier weight and feel better in their body but don?t realize that they have been sabotaging their efforts, each and every day. And they?re dejected and confused. They thought that counting calories, eating low-fat, and/or spending hours on the treadmill would take care of business. Of course, I fill them in on the real deal and then the rubber meets the road. But you?re not sitting in my office and you need to know this too!
You want Body Sass? and I?m here to shout it out for ya!
Best strategies to gain weight:
- Don?t pay attention to the amount of sugar you are ingesting, and/or?eat as much sugar as possible.
- Eat refined flour many times a day.
- Choose packaged, processed, and/or fast foods for the majority of your meals or mini-meals.
It sounds silly when it?s written out like that, right? But this is exactly what many of us are doing, every day, and each of these ALONE is a weight-gaining, health-eroding nightmare. Bummer.
Here?s the flip-side of that silly-sounding list:
- Avoid sugar. It hides everywhere. If you are eating a food with a label, look at the grams of sugar on the back and divide by 4. That is how many TEASPOONS of sugar you are ingesting. For instance, if a yogurt says ?28 grams? for sugar, then that healthy-seeming yogurt contains 7 teaspoons of sugar! Yuck. To put that in perspective, the average adult should not consume more than 8 teaspoons of added sugar per day.
- Refined flour?bagels, donuts, pasta, muffins, pretzels, bread, pizza, etc?is quickly broken down to SUGAR in your digestive tract. So, basically, strategy number 1 and 2 above are the same thing: empty carbs that quickly translate to a blood sugar spike, yielding diabetes risk over time, and yielding weight gain over a lot less time!
- Packaged, processed, and fast foods contain loads of chemicals, pesticides, dyes, food colorings, trans fats, etc that HARM our bodies, impair our metabolism, and erode our health. It?s absolutely frightening what is legal to put in food. AND, adding insult to injury, these ?foods? contain very little in the way of nutrients. Not a great deal, no matter how you look at it.
So, if you want to shed a few pounds and, more importantly, Create Vibrant Health?, go for the ?flip-side? list, instead of the silly one. I have seen, in my practice, massive changes in folks? health experience JUST from becoming more mindful of these three tenants. So?there?s your New Year?s resolution! You?re welcome. J
In other news, CONGRATULATIONS to our January Body Sass? Cleanse Group Program participants, who will officially start their exciting 3-week Health Journey this Saturday! Woo-hoo! And a big congratulations to the scores of others who have embarked on their own ?New Year?s? Body Sass? Cleanse or mini-group journeys (groups of friends/family who cleanse together!).
The food you eat builds your body, every day, for better or for worse.? Make choices for health!
With love & powerful health steps,