The spring 2021 28toGreat™ intermittent fasting group program starts on May 1, and registration is officially OPEN!
Register by Wednesday April 28, by clicking HERE.
28toGreat® is four fabulous weeks of programming and guidance around food TIMING and CHOICES, with a deep education about WHY the timing and choices matter. It incorporates the 16:8 version of intermittent fasting (IF) which means you eat during an 8-hour window, and fast for the other 16 hours.
Ever feel like you’re making pretty good food choices, but that dang belly fat just won’t budge? Read on.
My journey with intermittent fasting
Intermittent fasting was/is a game-changer for me. For one thing, it actually makes eating EASIER, for me. Even more, it also helped me lose the 12 pounds of fat that had gathered for a raucous party around my belly, uninvited. And it was STUBBORN weight gain.
I’ll admit that I felt resistant to trying intermittent fasting (IF) for two main reasons:
- It sounded gimmicky to me.
- I dislike being hungry, and the word “fasting” kinda freaked me out. (Okay, okay. It really freaked me out.)
Here’s the trick: People that feel hungry a lot, and/or experience serious cases of the hangries—crabby mood and volatile emotions when hungry—are often struggling with blood sugar and insulin issues. So, of COURSE fasting sounds scary. But interestingly, it’s also very often the solution. Paradox rules the school.
Intermittent fasting and weight loss
Most people experience body fat loss during my 4-week 28toGreat™ intermittent fasting program, anywhere between 2-10 pounds (record is 15 pounds). Others experience body fat loss over many months of continuing the very do-able guidelines, as their imbalanced insulin-blood sugar system comes back into balance. Participants from the spring 2020 28toGreat™ program lost 15-27 pounds from April to December last year, while continuing to follow the simple and do-able program tenets.
If you tend to get fat stuck around your middle, insulin resistance is likely the problem, and it can take some time to bring the body back to balance. But for most, the IF train does gather steam, and the benefits even spread beyond body fat loss.
What intermittent fasting can do for you
The 28toGreat™ IF plus Food Sass® program works with and for your body, restoring balance. Research shows that intermittent fasting can:
- Reduce accumulated cellular waste (activates autophagy)
- Improve cell signaling
- Activate and up-regulates our fat-burning hormones, like growth hormone
- Put the body into fat-burning mode, every day
- Re-balance insulin and blood sugar
- Educate on food TIMING with healthy serving of Food Sass®
How do those biochemical changes translate into YOUR better health? Significant evidence—including research studies reported in the New England Journal of Medicine and from Harvard Medical School—shows that IF has broad-spectrum benefits:
- Weight loss, particularly visceral fat (belly and “muffin-top” fat)
- Blood sugar rebalance and improved insulin signaling
- Reduce chronic inflammation and related diseases
- Cardiovascular disease healing/avoidance
- Cancer healing/avoidance
- Neurologic disorder improvement/avoidance
The research also points to a longer, healthier life with more energy, vitality and mental focus.
The truth is, we are overfed and undernourished. We eat food continually and in large quantities. And the majority of that food contains little nutrient value. This program brings us back to fed-enough and well-nourished. You can learn the details and register on my website.
What’s included in the 28toGreat™ program?
This is a fully-supported program, designed to educate, support and guide you—every step of the way with:
- 28toGreat™ eGuidebook
- 28toGreat™ 56-page eRecipebook
- Daily program emails with education, guidance and support
- Insider info on packaged Food Sass® (aka: no prep)
- Weekly group meetings via Zoom (optional)
- Clinical support and guidance (email, private FB group, Zoom meetings)
- Empowered well-being, BodyMindSpirit
One in three Americans have insulin resistance, ranging from early stages to full-blown type 2 diabetes. More than two-thirds of Americans are overweight. These two health challenges often go hand-in-hand, leading to the newly-minted term “diabesity.” Other health issues often follow these two. It’s time to turn the tide.
Food choices matter. Food TIMING also matters. Lifestyle changes are key, and 28toGreat™ will educate and empower you in both food choices and timing, so that you can feel better, FOR LIFE.