We’ve had about 8 days of cold, rainy weather in the Boston, MA area, so the last 24 hours of SUN has got me thinking about…my grill! Cooking outside in the fresh air & not dirtying pans sounds awesome to me, and if that sounds awesome to you too, check out this fabulous Food Sass® recipe!
This recipe is super-simple for those busy nights (ever have one of those?…ha!) when an hour of prep time just ain’t happenin’. It does require some marinade time, so a great idea is to make the marinade the night before, and then just toss the chicken in the marinade before you head out in the morning. Then a nutritious, delicious dinner takes about 15 minutes when you get home. Yay!
Light & Lemon-y Grilled Chicken
- 1/4 c. fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 c. avocado oil
- 1 tbsp. minced onion
- 1/2 tsp. Celtic sea salt
- 1/8 tsp thyme
- 1-2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- (optional) lemon slices & sliced scallions for garnish
- In bowl, whisk the marinade ingredients together
(everything but the chicken & optional garnishes).
- Lightly score the chicken, using a sharp knife, in a crosshatch pattern.
- Put half the marinade in a shallow glass container
(like an 8×8 baking pan or a Pyrex bowl).
- Put the chicken in the marinade and pour the remaining half of the marinade on top.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2-10 hours. Ideally, take it out of fridge an hour before cooking
(not a deal-breaker).
- Grill it on up! Be careful not to overcook, as chicken breast easily becomes dry (and yucky) when overcooked.
- Add optional garnishes, if desired.
This plates up great with some grilled zucchini, bell pepper, and/or yellow squash, accompanied by a giant side-salad. That said, this dish is so light that you can pair it with all kinds of things, so pop on your creative hat and have fun with it!
The food you eat builds your body, every day, for better or for worse. Make choices for health!
With love & grillin’ sass,