Happy October! Here in New England, USA, the fall foliage is starting to gain steam and the maple trees always surprise me with how vibrant their colors can be. Awe-some and awe-inspiring!
One thing that you can be sure of, is that at Retreat, it?s FOOD SASS? all they way, baby! In fact, the first night my guests will be greeted by a delicious, nutritious dinner waiting for them, that incorporates one of my most popular soup recipes. This recipe is like?Food Sass? ROYALTY!
And, since the thousands of folks that are part of this Create Vibrant Health? community cannot possibly all fit at the retreat center, I?m going to hook you up with that fantabulous recipe!
- 2 tbsp. organic, pastured butter
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped or crushed
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- ? tsp. Garam Masala
- ? tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 28-oz. can organic diced tomatoes, drained (no sugar added)
- 1 28-oz. can organic crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup red lentils
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 ? cups organic, free-range chicken stock
- 1 ? cups coconut milk (no sugar added)
- Celtic sea salt & pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro, chopped for garnish
- Melt butter in large stockpot and saut? garlic and onion over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring. Add spices and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Stir in tomatoes, lentils, lemon juice, chicken stock, and coconut milk and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 25-30 minutes until the lentils are tender and cooked.
- Serve with some fresh chopped cilantro as garnish
And, remember too that you can?follow me on Periscope?
@LaurieWarren12. Live stream video. Recording available for 24 hours. Free education, inspiration, and empowerment. Yay!
The food you eat builds your body, every day, for better or for worse. Make choices for health!
Your partner in health,