Welcome to another splendid day! A few clients have asked me lately for something different to bring to holiday parties or to serve at a holiday dinner. Food Sass®, comin’ up!
This Food Sass® recipe is what bubbled up for me because in addition to being nutritious and delicious (and easy), it also has some pretty serious visual appeal. It looks pretty on a table or buffet, due to its texture and gorgeous colors (read: antioxidants). So, move over mashed potatoes, cuz Sunset Salad is in da HOWSE!
- 1/4 c. lemon juice, freshly-squeezed
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. raw honey
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne (optional, for extra zing)
- Celtic sea salt, to taste
- 3 c. shredded beets
- 3 c. shredded carrots
- 1/2 c. fresh parsley, chopped
- Mix all ingredients except beets, carrots, and parsley in a large bowl. Taste to check seasonings and amend to your liking.
- Add beets, carrots, and parsley; toss to combine.
- Let marinate for 2 hours and serve.
- If you are a scallion (green onion) lover, you can top with some sliced scallions before serving. Adds a nice red-green holiday flair.
One of my fave experiences is serving food that looks gorgeous, tastes amazing, and nourishes my loved ones with health-building nutrients. Seriously. It brings me joy, every time. Give it a whirl and see how it feels!
With love & gratitude,