Welcome to another splendiferous day! A few clients have asked me lately for ?something different? to bring to holiday parties or to serve at a holiday dinner. Food Sass?, comin? up!
This Food Sass? recipe is what bubbled up for me because in addition to being nutritious and delicious (and easy), it also has some pretty serious visual appeal. It looks pretty on a table or buffet, due to its texture and gorgeous colors (read: antioxidants). So, move over mashed potatoes, cuz Sunset Salad is in da HOWSE!
- ? c. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. raw honey
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ? tsp. cinnamon
- ? tsp. cayenne (optional?for those who love ?spicy!?)
- Celtic sea salt, to taste
- 3 c. shredded beets
- 3 c. shredded carrots
- ? c. fresh parsley, chopped
- Mix all ingredients except beets, carrots, and parsley in a large bowl. Taste to check seasonings and amend to your liking.
- Add beets, carrots, and parsley; toss to combine.
- Let marinate for 2 hours and serve!
- If you are a scallion (green onion) lover, you could also sprinkle on some sliced scallions before serving for a very holiday-ish look (red and green).
One of my fave experiences, over and over, is serving food that looks gorgeous, tastes amazing, and that I know is entering the physiology of my loved ones and infusing them with health-building nutrients. Seriously. It brings me joy, every time. Give it a whirl and see how it feels!
With love & gratitude,