Can you believe it?s almost the end of MAY!?!? Me neither. But it?s true. June is just around the bend and that makes me think of yummy salads. Food Sass?! And why not a bit of salad sass from South America? International cuisine can really perk up the palate, especially when we find ourselves in a ?food rut.?
A food rut is when you keep eating the same foods, and you are feeling bored with them, but you?re too bored to muster up some creativity to get OUT of your food rut. Enter awesome, sassy salad with an Argentinian flair. ?Rut? and ?sass? cannot co-exist, so BOOM, you?re out of your food rut. Woot woot!
Avocado Chimichurri on Cucumber Slices
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ? tsp. Celtic seal salt or Himalayan rock salt
- ? tsp. dried oregano
- ? tsp. ground pepper
- ? c. extra virgin olive oil
- ? c. freshly chopped, packed cilantro
- ? c. freshly chopped, packed parsley
- 2 avocados, cubed
- Combine lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, salt, oregano, and pepper in a small bowl. Whisk in olive oil, then stir in cilantro and parsley.
- Gently fold in avocado cubes.
- Spoon onto cucumber slices and listen to your palate squeal with delight.
This delicious spring Sass can also be put on a bed of spring greens or baby spinach for a beautiful and mouth-watering salad. YUM.
The food you eat builds your body, every day, for better or for worse.? Make choices for health!
With love & variety,