I hope you are having a splendiferous start to your April. I love April! Today, in celebration of the fact that it?s actually starting to FEEL like Spring, here in New England, USA, I?m serving up some love in the form of FOOD SASS?. Woo-hoo!
I always find it interesting that, as the seasons change, that often our desire for certain foods change. There is certainly a seasonal aspect to food, both when it is available, and when foods feel good to us. I notice this in myself, too. I am all about a good chili or some roasted root veggies in the winter, but come Spring, I start to want ?lighter? feeling food. And then summer comes and I am all about salads and berries and grilled fish (okay?and dark chocolate, too, but that?s pretty much a year-round phenomenon)!
Hence, your Food Sass? fun today is all about an easy, DELICIOUS Spring-ish chicken recipe. And, it is chock-full of nutrient-dense ingredients that Create Vibrant Health??everything in it is AWESOME for your body. Which is how it got to be in the Food Sass? Club. I have to make a special call-out to the curry in the recipe. Other than curry being super-yummy, it is a veritable health bonanza due to its turmeric content! It?s anti-inflammatory and is a potent anti-oxidant on it?s own AND increases our body?s own antioxidant activity. Phew. And that?s only the beginning of its super-hero powers. Learn more by checking?out THIS great article on curry/turmeric, which also provides a sassy recipe for Ginger Tumeric Tea (ah-mazing!). And, for more curry love, give this fantabulous recipe a whirl?
Chicken Coconut Curry
- 2 lbs. organic, free-range chicken breast
- 1 cup coconut milk (full fat Thai coconut milk, in the can, is a good bet)
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, washed & chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp. curry powder
- 1 clove garlic, chopped or crushed
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, skinned & minced
- In a large skillet at medium-high heat, saut? chicken, broccoli, mushrooms, and onion for about 15 minutes.
- Add in coconut milk, curry powder, garlic, and ginger. Turn heat down to medium-low and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Done. Two optional strategies are to serve this over brown rice and/or top it with freshly slivered green onions.
Serve this bad boy up with a big, fluffy salad and you are looking at a seriously sassy meal! Mmmm. And for any of you that are considering joining the Body Sass? Cleanse Group Program, this recipe is 100% cleanse-friendly! Yep, this type of scrumptious food is how we roll during the Body Sass? Cleanse.
The food you eat builds your body, every day, for better or for worse.? Make choices for health!
With love & curry sass,